Pemberton council has had further talks with Vancouver International Airport, NavCanada and WestJet officials about the village airport.
But judging by the tone of a report from interim administrator Bob Wilson it appears Prime Airs proposal for air service is still the preferred option.
WestJet is interested in using Boeing 737s to service Pemberton, but that would require a significant airport expansion.
"In short, if the runway were to be extended to 6,000 feet plus widening from 30 metres to 45 metres then a 737 can technically land," wrote Wilson in his status report to council.
However: "From a marketing perspective, it is not a reality because the market is too small for daily 737 service," Wilson wrote.
The other major point to come from the meeting was that Pemberton cant afford the runway expansion. "The cost to extend the runway would be in the $12 million range plus another couple of million for navigational lights," Wilson wrote. "Even if the Village were to obtain 90 per cent outside funding for this project, it would be very difficult for the Village to finance the remaining 10 per cent."
Wilson indicated that the service proposed by Prime Air, utilizing smaller aircraft, is still the preferred choice. But he added council was still encouraging other people to make presentations.
A full report, with minutes, on the YVR meeting will be presented at the next Airport Committee meeting.