Page 2 of 18
Canadiana - Syrup on Everything
1) "L'Unifolie" is the name for what national symbol? Hint: it was adopted under Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson.
2) At more than 300 years old, what is the oldest commercial corporation in Canada?
3) Why is the beaver a national symbol? Bonus: what coin is it on?
4) What are Franklin Carmichael, A.Y. Jackson, Franz Johnston, Arthur Lismer, J.E.H. MacDonald, Frederick Varley and Lawren Harris collectively known as?
5) The world's third national park was established in Canada, behind Yellowstone National Park in the U.S. and Royal National Park in Australia. Where is the park?
6) The Ekati mine is located northeast of Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories. What is mined there?
7) What was the first province to establish a hospital insurance plan and universal prepaid medical care? Bonus: Name the Father of Medicare, who was also voted The Greatest Canadian in the 2004 CBC TV series?
8) Canadian engineer Sir Sandford Fleming is credited with what invention?
9) "I am Canadian" was the slogan for what product for almost ten years?
10) Who was the first Canadian in space?
Canadian Politics - Watch out for the Mace!
1. Which Prime Minister served the fewest number of days in the position?
2) Which Prime Minister served the most non-consecutive terms?
3) How many Prime Ministers have come from ridings in British Columbia?
4) Who is Canada's head of state?
5) Stephen Harper just recently passed Lester Pearson in terms of time spent in office. Who is the next Prime Minister he'll pass?
6) True or false: Canada is outranked in peacekeeping around the world by countries including Bangladesh, Pakistan and India.
7) Who has been recognized as Canada's greenest Prime Minister?
8) Who was the first female Member of Parliament?