Whistler's RDC Fine Homes is up for six coveted Georgie Awards, another sign that the resort's real estate market is rebounding in style.
"That's the most we've ever been nominated for," said RDC president Bob Deeks, soon after hearing the news.
RDC is no stranger to the Georgie Awards. Six statues sit in the company's front office already. But it's been a few years since they've had a nod.
"It's great to be back," added Deeks, recognizing the importance of the awards for clients and potential clients.
This year, RDC is nominated in six categories, including Custom Home Builder of the Year.
The other categories are:
• best single detached home over 2,000 sq. ft., under $750,000 - production - Crumpit Woods in Squamish
• best single family kitchen under $100,000 - Fairway
• best innovative feature - new or reno - Timber Ridge
• best certified home - production - Crumpit Woods
• best certified home - custom - Timber Ridge
"This year I really do think all our finalist entries there are good enough to win," said Deeks. "It's nice to be going to the awards with a sense that you can win."
The Georgie Awards, a provincial housing excellence awards program for residential construction projects, is open to all members of the Canadian Home Builders' Association of BC.
The winners will be announced on Friday, March 11.