Page 5 of 6
Have the permits in place before ceasing operations or board it up properly and attach the proper signage.
I also wonder what happened to the salvage company that was supposedly coming to recycle and reuse such things as the not so old metal roof, and the beautiful wood floor and cherry wood bar in Gaitor’s. I hope they were taken out before the building was “ransacked”, but I have my doubts. I also doubt that there will be much salvaging if the building is to be demolished by Dec. 10th.
It surprises me that a company as big and well known as Cressey Developments would let a development progress (digress) this way. Unprofessional? Unconcerned? Maybe a bit of both!
Mike Walsh Past employee of Shoestring Lodge, Boot Pub and past manager of Gaitor’s Bar and Grill Whistler
Everyone in the house for curling challenge
We’d like to thank everyone involved in making the NBC Korbel Elite Curling Challenge a success. The event, featuring Olympic curling athletes plus Olympic legends Dan Jansen and Picabo Street, was held in Whistler Nov. 18 and aired nationally in the United States as a two-hour special on NBC Nov. 26.
For many viewers in the U.S., the great Whistler footage and commentary in the show was their introduction to Whistler as Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. The awareness that we can build through media opportunities like this will contribute to one of the most significant 2010 legacies — building tourism.
Thanks to everyone that contributed to a very successful project!
• The community for coming out as the studio audience and supporting the event while curling took over the ice rink;
• The staff at Meadow Park, Whistler Blackcomb and Tourism Whistler for contributing in many ways;
• Fairmont Chateau Whistler as the official host to the many guests;
• Resort Quest for accommodation support;
• USA Curling and NBC for partnering in this opportunity;
• Korbel Champagne Cellars for sponsoring this initiative;
• Carr-Hughes Productions for their outstanding production of this show;
• Greg Albrecht, Events Whistler General Manager;
• everyone that helped out!
We look forward to many other creative and exciting projects in
Events Whistler Board of Directors:
John Rae, RMOW
Arlene Schieven, Tourism Whistler