Legacies Now is bringing its interactive Olympic exhibit to
Whistler again, Sept. 14-17 in Mountain Square.
Presented by Bell Canada and the provincial government, the
free interactive and educational exhibit is designed to capture the imagination
of B.C. youth and inspire people to learn more about the developing legacies
leading up to 2010.
Called the 2010 Legacies Now Connecting Communities Tour, the
2,000 square foot display will allow visitors to:
• connect to opportunities being generated by the 2010 Games;
• test their winter sport skills in the hockey shoot, ski
simulator and speed reflex;
• sign up for volunteer opportunities;
• learn about ways to connect to sport with Bell technology;
• learn about Canadian winter sport history.
MLA Joan McIntyre, Mayor Ken Melamed and Norm Silins, general
manager of Olympic services for Bell Canada, will be on hand for the launch
Thursday, Sept. 14 at 11 a.m.