Page 3 of 3
• If residential build-out projections are achieved, residential property tax revenue could reach $7.3 million.
• If visitor accommodation build-out projections are achieved, room tax revenue paid to the province could eventually reach $11.8 million annually.
• Depending on the proportion of the proposed residential units that will be occupied by full-time residents, the development could house an increased resident population base of between 1,220 and 6,100 at build-out.
• The number of resort visitor days is projected to increase from 250,000 in year one to one million in year 15.
• The average price for Garibaldi homes is expected to range from $300,000 to $350,000 which is between $65,000 and $115,000 more than the current average.
• Commercial accommodation units proposed for the resort will add up to 5,151 rooms to the current tourist room inventory, which represents a 47 per cent increase relative to the current SLRD room inventory and a 1,290 per cent increase relative to the current Squamish room inventory.
The 45-day public comment period runs from June 21 to Aug. 5. Comments can be emailed to email@example.com .