News » Whistler

Fire breaks out at Upper Village condo complex

No injuries reported at Snowy Creek electrical fire

by

comment

A fire broke out at an Upper Village condo complex on Saturday night, Dec. 30, confirmed the Whistler Fire Rescue Service.

Deputy Fire Chief Chris Nelson said the fire at the Snowy Creek condo building on Blackcomb Way is now contained. It’s believed to have been started by an overloaded electrical panel, said Nelson. No injuries were reported.

Several vacation rental services rent out nightly units at the complex. Nelson said most occupants were able to find alternative accommodation, and he was unsure how many people, if any, had been displaced.

Red Cross Emergency Social Services were set up at the Whistler Public Library on Saturday night for those in need of emergency accommodation or supplies.

Anyone in need of emergency assistance should call 604-966-4845.

Check back with Pique as this story develops.

Tags

Add a comment