Five tracks Ive got on repeat:
1. Drop It Down Calibre featuring MC Fats
"Fats vocals bounce on top of Calibres dubbed out beats. Drum and bass any dance floor will love."
2. Fat Mama Cedric Benoit & DJ Matsa
"Spaced-out future funk from the breakbeats tables at Lab Rok Records."
3. Submarines (Pendulum Remix) DJ Fresh
"Pendulum lends their switched up drum patterns to a melodic drum and bass plate previously unreleased by DJ Fresh from Bad Company U.K."
4. Baby Boy (D-Region Remix) Beyonce & Sean Paul
"Torontos D-Region lays down some funky dance floor drum and bass underneath the pop hit."
5. It Dont Come Easy Pixie featuring Rhallia
"Rhallia provides a haunting vocal that beautifully complements Pixies darkside breakbeats."
Ear Candy is a weekly column offering a glimpse into the local musical mindset.