Page 3 of 3
A parking fee will only be charged on day skier lots 1, 2 and 3, and it won’t be levied until after the 2010 Olympics. All other parking lots will remain free.
The municipality has scheduled an open house at the Whistler Public Library on Wednesday, July 23 from 4:30 to 7 p.m. to provide more information on plans for the day skier lots.
Pay parking common to ski resorts
• In Vail, Colorado, winter day parking rates range from $16 to $20 a day, depending on where you park. Summer parking is free.
• In Jackson Hole, Wyoming, parking costs $10 at the base. Skiers can also park for free at a satellite lot and take a shuttle.
• In Aspen, Colorado, pay parking in the downtown core costs $1 for the first hour, $3 for two hours, $5 for three hours and $8 for four hours.
• In Breckenridge, Colorado parking can cost up to $15.
• Parking is currently free in Banff, Alberta, but a pay parking feasibility study is scheduled for 2009.